If winter is here, can spring be far behind?

Oh yes it can. The past winter was terrible. Actually, at this point of time, the temperature outside is a crazy 13 degrees celcius. That's NOT spring weather yo! It's still too cold.


But, TODAY, oh today. It was fantastic. Started off the usual boring day. But by 10 am was looking at textbook materials and printing out worksheets.

By 11 am I was getting things together to do up the English Notice Board.

By lunch, I had torn down my lovely pirate-inspired board and set up a fairly empty Spring inspired board.

Then, things went into top gear.

New cleaning schedule, different students. M Sensei and I are in charge of 20 students now. TWENTY!! And woohoo! My favourite soccer boys are amongst the 20!

Couldn't find Global Communication Room key. Ran up to the room, no one there, ran down to the buisness teachers' room, no key there. Office - no key there. Back to staff room, asked around. Ran back to GCR to find the teacher there, she didn't have the key. No time left, went for cleaning.

Cleaning - everything was explained in M Sensei's humourous way. Wrote down the names of the students I'm in charge of. Nice boys and girls!

Cleaning over, rushed to find key again, NO KEY! Back to the office, NO KEY! But the office lady gives us the master key. After a few tries and fumbles and muttered 'Damnits', the door opens.

Lesson on Easter, students are bright-eyed, interested. I thought MK Sensei's idea of using a lot of English would backfire, but WOW. The students tried. Very very inspired. Students painted Easter eggs, and went on a chocolate hunt. Had fun!

Next, bell rings, MK Sensei and I breathe a sigh of relief. Time to rest a little. NO! Pre-registration of ESS club members.

Go into the classroom to find 4 new students. HAPPY!! 4 is the usual amount, thank God it isn't less.

As we talk, suddenly, ANOTHER 4 students shyly hover outside the classroom. WHAT?? NO!! 4 MORE?? GOD YOU ARE TOO GOOD TO US.

But it's true. And this year, 2013, we have a grand total of 8 NEW STUDENTS wanting to join ESS.

No more parties at my home.

No more small, cozy talks and groups.

But more students interested in English.

Now, why did I decide to leave this year?

:(((( SOB!! CRY!! But at least I shall leave while I'm on top eh.

Back to my desk in the staff room. Got so many things to do, need to make karaoke reservations, clean my desk. Too many papers around, too many things to do, teachers to see, lessons to plan.

And at that moment, my heart gave a little joyous excited jump.

Spring is here.

I'm back in business.

Comments