Sick

Caveat: This doesn't happen in all schools in Japan.

So i've been sick for almost a week now, and didn't work yesterday too. Here, there isn't sick leave for ALTs. Technically there is, I think, but it's too much red tape to go get your sick leave approved. So I just took nenkyuu (nian2 xiu2 - year rest). Mind you, someone who's less lazy than me will be able to get sick leave approved. Just saying. It isn't impossible.

Anyway, here are a list of all the nice things my senseis have done for me since knowing I'm down with the dreaded cold.

1) Insisted I go home to rest. (and I did)
2) Wrote down all my symptoms on a piece of paper and told me to take it to the pharmacy to get the appropriate medicine.
3) Wanted to drive me to the pharmacy but she had a class to go for.
4) Called me last night to ask how I was doing.
5) Left a present on my desk - ginger tea and chocolates!! Chocolate cures everything??!
6) Brought some medicine (apparently quite popular - called xin ru ru, white and green packaging) and gave it to me.

Nice or what? So blessed to be sent here.

Comments