冷蔵庫(れいぞうこ)Fridge

One of the weird questions I had as a child was, "What is it like to live in a fridge?"

It sucks to live in a fridge, to tell the truth. I know now why Sam McGee stayed in that furnace.

This Singaporean is not made for winter. A month or so into winter and I've been felled by a cold. Sore throat, runny nose and a hacking cough my neighbours can hear, clear as a bell, through our apartment building's earthquake resistant walls.

The only weapons I have against Fantastic Mr. Frost are:

1) an electric carpet

2) a kotatsu

3) a small electric heater

4) numerous pairs of socks and heat-tech from uniqlo.

5) a heated toilet bowl (thank God)

6) an air conditioner


Japan (except Hokkaido) does not believe in central heating. It's too cold to type anymore. Here, read this:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl20120131zg.html

Winter makes me think twice about recontracting.


Singapura, oh Singapura,
Sunny island, set in the sea...

Comments

  1. Hello, fellow SGrean ALT from Tottori here! Today we have a record snow day! Hope you get well soon (I recovered from a cold recently too)! You're luckier than me cos I only have a kotatsu and the AC. Take care! --Ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Haha, I'm ok, actually. I just get so irritated by the cold sometimes. Thanks! Hope you get well soon!

      Delete
    2. Hope you are feeling better now. Perhaps you want to invest on a bigger electric heater now that you have decided to stay on. :)
      Take care!

      Delete
    3. Harloww!!! Miss you. :( I am better now, thanks! Bigger electric heater sounds sooooo niiicccee.... hahah

      Delete

Post a Comment