Baking class

So.. Since I have so many free periods, I decided to join a baking class every Friday. Hata Sensei is a great teacher, and funny too! I get to talk to some of the kids, and I get to learn to bake! Fun!

The first cake I learnt was a raisin cake. It involved pummeling butter into flour and slapping it onto the work surface. I thought the butter would never bind and work itself into a dough but it did!

The second thing I learnt was cream puffs. Surprisingly easy, I ate three of them myself. Argh. But they were so good!

The next was a traditional Japanese dessert. It was not baked, but steamed. Reminded me of those steamed, colorful cakes we get to buy at pasar malam and eat with orange sugar. The little flat steamed cake was wrapped around a ball of red bean paste - 美味しいかた!


The most recent cake I learnt to bake was a chocolate cake quite similar to how a brownie is made. It has more milk in it so it's more moist. Has walnuts in it too!

Isn't this great? I came here to teach, and ended up learning too. But isn''t it always this way though? Haha

Comments