ESS, SG Food, Dinner, Dinner, Dinner.

I still cannot believe I'm living a life in Japan. Somebody pinch me please.

Last Thursday, I joined the English Speaking Society for their first meeting of the term. It was a Welcome Party for me!




All the members are girls and they are all really nice! Interesting too. Some of the really sweet-looking ones are into rock bands and one of them is a bassist! One used to manage the school's soccer team, and one is a really crazy and funny girl.


The next day, Friday, I had the Nabari JET population over to my place. We had dinner, and I cooked. Not too horribly, but definitely lacking my usual standard. I need to get proficient in Japanese, if only to read food labels and ingredients haha.

Then, on Saturday, we had a BBQ. IN the forest. ALONG the river. LIKE WHERE CAN FIND THIS IN SINGAPORE??!!!

I loved everthing about it. From chilling the drinks in a cold pool of water from a spring, to sitting on logs eating yakitori, hearing the rush of water from the Nabarigawa, and finally, seeing the moon rays through the trees lighting our clearing with a soft, pale silvery pool of light.



Am I getting liking being a mountain tortoise too much??!! Maybe it's just the novelty of it. Heh.

Didn't manage to get to church that Sunday. Apparently, the church where the missionaries go to is only accessible by car, and I only found out when I got to the train station, and realised the last bus there had left. Ah well. Went home and listened to a recording of Uncle Chee Seng's message. So nice to hear a full, proper sermon in famililar English!

These two weeks, I keep talking and talking and talking about myself. I'm bored about myself already! I get to the point where I'm like, I'm not even THAT interesting. Why should the kids sit there and listen to me talk about my uninsipring self?!!

On Thursday, I taught the International Culture class about religion and food in Singapore. The day before, on Wednesday, I cooked perkedel for the very first time. My first try, it was tasteless. Added light soy sauce and voila! Definitely can't beat the one in the Changkat canteen, but hey, at least it tasted 50% like the real ones we eat in Singapore.




So, on the menu for International Culture class was: Chicken Rice, Perkedel, Chicken Curry, Bak Kwa and Naan. We had sort of a picnic in class and it was fun!! Silly me forgot to bring my phone to class, but at the sight of the picnic, the girls whipped out their handphones and asked if they could take a picture of the food and me. (^o^)^

Going to Kyoto for the weekend! With Singaporean girls!! Yay!!! I MISS SINGLISH!!!

And God Willing, going to Osaka next weekend with the Mie girls! Girls Night Out!!

Typhoon 15 is heading for us too, so we'll see how it goes!

Just got word my beloved car was sold today. Goodbye ABC. You served me well and you were my first ever car. I'll never forget you.





Comments